Saturday, June 1, 2019

More thoughts on May

May is gone 
Sadness about things I didn't get to do 
Regret for letting myself be ”too busy”
Almost as if I was gone 

But I wasn't gone
I was here

Yes, I was busy, doing some amazing stuff.
I was learning about poetry - even dabbled with writing it.
I was engaging neighbors and planning future events - and historical projects.
I was spending time with my mom.
I was caring for grand-kids.

I was not gone.
I was not on the other side of the country.
I was here.  
Available even.

...
As I look back on 2014I don’t regret being “gone” that May.
Even though I was
Gone 
Inaccessible to my mom and my kids
But it was a good month  
An amazing experience
A great adventure
...

And now
May 2019
I’ve been in the middle of another adventure
Suspended in projects but somehow still available
Pretty amazing actually

Hey, I could be proud of myself
For coping  
Handling things
Juggling
So much
Balancing
Tweaking
Shifting as needed

I made it.
I fulfilled my tasks.
I did my job.
I celebrated art and artists.
I even rode a few miles on my bike.

Yes, I felt too busy.
Swamped and scattered
Slammed

But I held it together.
No major melt-downs
No real panic or crises
No harsh words

Wow; I’m starting to be impressed.
I’m pretty amazing.
May was pretty amazing now that I think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment