Let there be peace on earth - and let it begin with me.
I’ve always liked that song. Seems like a noble sentiment - and I have fairly easily assented to the challenge it contains.
So I didn’t mind when I saw it listed as the last song in the Holiday Pops program.
But then Angie Hendershot from ABC 12 talked about how desperately peace is needed in our world these days and challenged the crowd to sing it together while pondering how to work for peace on earth. I thought it might be pretty inspiring to be singing these lines together with hundreds of neighbors.
But then Angie Hendershot from ABC 12 talked about how desperately peace is needed in our world these days and challenged the crowd to sing it together while pondering how to work for peace on earth. I thought it might be pretty inspiring to be singing these lines together with hundreds of neighbors.
Okay; I might have gotten a little choked up.
May this be my solemn vow, huh?
May this be my solemn vow, huh?
Wow.
No comments:
Post a Comment