Yep, I do.
And it's not just the exotic beach vistas.
Sometimes it's the exotic laundry facilities.
Other times it's the gratitude at finding internet access!
And some times it is being reminded of some particularly wise words of wisdom...
On this date, January 23, through the years we were...
2013 - living at the Cove, El Frances, Samana, D.R.
Wow! Internet again! Two days in a row. Wait; three times in two days! That won't be the pattern, I'm sure. But my neighbor with a car needed to get online for an hour so she invited me to come again. Yippee!!!
Looks like I won't have time to post much this time - mostly just catch up on what's happening back home.
…
After getting dropped off in town yesterday, we found a nice little French restaurant, a place to rent a four-wheeler - which we will probably do sooner than later, a little shop where I shall return to buy a huge cool tote bag, the supermercado, and then we successfully caught a gua-gua back to the cove. A very successful day.
2014 - living at Kenney Grove County Park in Fillmore, CA
Mostly from the fruit stands out on the highway. I'm so excited about them.
2015 - living in a campground on Dauphin Island, Alabama
Overheard at the monthly potluck at the campground:
Those old people like to dance!!!
Celebrating the 60th anniversary of the Tater Tot. It's what's for dinner.
And...
We finally stopped at the bakery here on the island. Oh, my. Bacon bread and cinnamon rolls are good enough to eat. Oh, yah. Cheese Danish awaits evaluation.
2016 - living in Las Galeras, Samana, D.R.
(Walked 2.15 miles along the beach and to town)
'Twas a good walk. Until the dogs! Puppies first. Very aggressive puppies. Stuck with me all the way along the beach! And then bigger dogs. Not fun to deal with. But then things got better when I got to the boulangerie. A great selection, my reward for getting there so early. Mmmmmm.... How about one with chocolate for mi esposo and maybe some flan for me? Si. S'il vous plaƮt. Exquisite.
…
Well, I think that's the first time I've ever had to de-snag my drying laundry from the cactus plants growing nearby.
2019 - living in a house in Flint, Michigan
Philip Yancey of his grandmother: She left me the gift of grace, which I can never repay. Because it was grace, she never made me feel I had to.



No comments:
Post a Comment