Saturday, February 1, 2020

Fun adventures - and not so fun

Oh, man; what a moment that was!
I want to take time to feel all the feels…
This brings tears to my eyes and a lump to my throat.
“This” being a blog post I wrote four years ago about an adventure we had. About some really good moments that helped to make up for the hard ones…

I was just telling friends yesterday that I hope my writing doesn’t seem braggy. I really do not want to make readers feel badly if they don’t get to do such exotic things. Which I guess is why sometimes I choose to tell about the hard stuff, too. Well, and that's just realistic. 

Maybe that post does that.
It mentions the rough stuff.
True that I did not explain the details - perhaps because I didn’t want to say it out loud.

Maybe it’s time now four years later…
Let’s just say that there were rat encounters.  
In my happy place.
In my personal space!

There; I said it.  Sort of.
Makes me shudder to think about it.
But I survived and have reason to be proud of how I handled it all.
And I’m so, so grateful to be reminded of the really beautiful moments.

Hopefully my readers can do some of the same...
- To find reason to be proud of yourself
- To notice the wonderful moments
- To choose to be grateful for both - or at least that we survived...

No comments:

Post a Comment