It’s NaNo time again. That time of year when people all over the world come up with an idea for a story... and an ambitious plan to type a bunch of words every day... for a total of 50,000 words during the month of November. I have succeeded in cranking out those words 10 different times so I know I can do that part. This year I've set my hopes a little higher; I plan to end up with an actual story that can be edited and published.
Here are a few of today’s unedited lines…
Riding the rails...
Sure enough, the railroad offers a different vantage point.
Cuts through cities and small towns and farm land...
Backyards and industrial yards...
Cuts through them quickly. In the blink of an eye…
Clackity-clack.
…
Sell the Christmas tree farm?
That’s just crazy!
You’re kidding me; right?
Well, sure we want to travel and have some adventures… but we most certainly want to come back home… to this amazing place!
…
How dare they?
Don’t they know that good kids come back home and put down roots?
They get married and have 2.5 kids.
They land respectable jobs and buy a nice house with a big garden and a white picket fence.
They put down roots and contribute to society.
They go to church and raise their kids in the fear and admonition of the LORD.
They are faithful and responsible.
Don’t they know that faithful and responsible also mean unchanging and unwavering?

No comments:
Post a Comment