Friday, June 4, 2021

On this date

 Has it really been 25 years?

Sure enough; my dad has been gone 25 years.

That feels significant - partly because we were in the midst of celebrating 25 years of marriage when he died - and sure enough we are now celebrating 50 years - a milestone he and my mom did not get to celebrate.


My thoughts wander in several directions.

It’s weird to think that my dad was around for only half of our married life.

I remember the night Bob asked him for my hand in marriage.

I remember the day he walked me down the aisle.

I remember so many things he did for us and with us.



And while remembering, I can’t help but wonder what he would have thought of some of our crazy adventures in this second half.  He might have privately questioned our judgment, but he would have been gracious.



Today is a busy day for me in my new life but I’m glad for the moments to pause and think of my dad and for the memories I carry with me today and always.

No comments:

Post a Comment