By the end of spring, I will be…
(That's the writing prompt we were assigned... )
Ready? Go.
...
By the end of spring, I will be…
strong and fit and my house will be decluttered and organized.
I will have walked 200 miles and pedaled 500 on my new bike.
My house will shine like the top of the Chrysler Building!
My refugee garden will be flourishing with brightly colored national flowers from countries where refugees have been forced to flee in recent years.
We will have hosted Afghan refugees in our home several times.
I will have baked cookies for my grandkids and neighbors. I will be caring for those grand-kids at least once a week - to give my daughters a break.
I will have written REAL letters to a dozen people.
My book will have become a best-seller and I will have finished the rough draft of my next one.
…
Wait a minute.
That picture might be a little unrealistic.
Farfetched even.
Let’s try that again.
...
By the end of spring, I hope to notice at least some consistency in a couple or a few of my huge dreams. I will be a little stronger than I am today… because it is spring and I will have been walking regularly and will have had fun adventures on our new bikes.
My house will be pretty much like it is now - minus a few bags of things that have already been donated to the thrift store and a few more that went out with the trash.
My refugee garden may be just getting started.
And the Afghan refugees…?
Probably ain’t happening, because City Hall has dropped the ball.
I will have made cookies - maybe once. Or maybe muffins or banana bread.
We will have spent more time with our grandkids - simply because it is one of our very top priorities!
I will have written three real letters; in fact I already have.
And I will have re-established my regular daily writing habit.
…
Lofty dreams and goals are good and fun... and I have lots of them. Obviously, I won't accomplish all of them, but establishing intentional habits helps me to build a pathway to some of them.
By the end of spring, I'm pretty sure that I will have reached at least some of my goals... because of the habits that I am building today.
No comments:
Post a Comment