Thursday, December 7, 2023

Thankful for kindness and respect

Today I am thankful for friends who are reasonable and real and honest, but also kind and respectful.  They almost feel like a rare breed in these days of division and vitriol and it can feel tricky to find safe places to think and talk and process.

I don’t fit on “this” side nor do I want to stand on “that” side.

They both feel dangerous and scary.

I tend to withdraw and avoid.


But I need to process the hard stuff.

I need perspective for my blind spots.

I need correction where I’m just plain wrong.


I’m so glad that there ARE people out there who are safe.

There are people who are reasonable.  

Who are kind and compassionate and patient.

Who remind me to do the best I can. 

And to keep learning… 

So that I can do better.


I am grateful to know such people.




No comments:

Post a Comment