Thursday, November 30, 2023

Thankful Thursday, Thankful month

 I am so thankful that change is possible.

I tend to get discouraged about my less-than-stellar natural tendencies.

To mope around and say “That’s just the way I am.”

To believe that there’s no hope of changing.


But I don’t want to live there.

I don’t want to give up.

Therefore I am relieved to learn that I CAN change.


For example, I used to be a lousy finisher. 

I always had so many ideas of things I wanted to do.

Sometimes I even started some of them... but I rarely finished.


But… 

Things are changing.

I have finally begun to learn that change IS possible.

Small steps

Tiny powerful habits

Regular repeated rituals

Better practices and lots of practice


Big things can be accomplished (finished!) through such tactics.

I can and I did accomplish a really big project.

Again.

I finished writing over 50,000 words during the month of November.

For the fourteenth year in a row.


The goal of 50,000 words is daunting, but 2000 words/day is reachable.

That daily goal can be broken down into smaller chunks.


I took those small steps.

I built tiny powerful habits.

I repeated certain rituals every morning.

These became my practice.

Day after day.

And I finished that whole thing.

I am a finisher.


So, yes; on this thankful Thursday, I am thankful that change is possible. 



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing NaNo23 and also on that perspective!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa. (altho' I'm unsure which Lisa it is...)

      Delete