Friday, November 3, 2023

'Tis the season

I have not participated in Five Minute Friday for a while.  Every Friday FMF sends out a word for the day and writers write for five minutes.  Just set the timer for 5 minutes and write. No editing, no back-tracking, just write.  So I did.

...

Five-Minute Friday

The word is SEASON.

And… go!


’Tis the season!

To do what?

To be jolly?  

Maybe, but the nightly news lately certainly does not encourage jolliness.

To get back on track?

To take on a new project?

Maybe to start cooking healthy stuff.


Certainly to tackle those archives.  The boxes and bins full of old books, papers, files, and other leftovers from a busy life.  A life too busy evidently to stay current on pitching stuff no longer needed.


For me of course, ’tis the season for NaNoWriMo.  


Lately I have been thinking about the seasons of life.

’Tis the season for…

  • Letting go of some things… to make room for better things
  • Figuring out what matters most
  • Finding some wisdom for prioritizing

Yep, certainly need wisdom - for so many things, but yah, priorities are a biggie. I want to pay attention to what season it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment