I seem to be facing an unusually quiet week. For the first time in awhile, our house won’t be full of kids and grandkids on Thanksgiving Day. That quiet schedule could feel a little strange and I suppose I could mope around and be sad to miss the traditional festivities. But that would seem a tad ungrateful.
I don’t mind so much really. We will see our kids other times and in other ways - like chats and meet-ups. And I really do enjoy quiet times in my comfy house. I might even clear some space to set up an old jigsaw puzzle. Talk about traditions and memories!
At the very least, I think I shall declare this as Thankful Week in the Thankful Thursday tradition - as a reminder to pause each day to notice something I am thankful for.
But first I ponder the reality that these thankful pauses can make me painfully aware of so, so many less-fortunate people. I don’t ever want to flaunt my blessings… but what sort of ingrate would I be if I did not at least appreciate them? As I wonder what to do with such disparity, maybe my pause can include tender thoughts for people who are heartbreakingly bereft of such comfort or safety. I am at a loss to know of anything I can do for them except maybe to honor them with moments of reverence and compassion.
No comments:
Post a Comment