Thursday, June 12, 2025

54 years

 Hey Bob Sims, I'm so glad we found each other


...and that we decided to spend the rest of our lives together


... and build a family












But first you surprised me by building us a house!!!


And an amazing house it was!



We took some trips, did some hiking and camping.



Somewhere during those crazy wonderful years, 
we also planted a Christmas tree farm





But then came the day, much to our surprise, when we decided to walk away from that farm and live on the road, here and there, for awhile.


I'm glad we took the chance to collect some more memories in the Dominican Republic...

...but I'm also grateful for that little ole' fifth-wheel RV we found and for the years we lived in that amazing rig.



Thanks for listening to my heart when I realized I needed to get back to Michigan to be near the little guys.

And then I listened to YOUR heart when you felt like you were ready for a project... because you needed something to do with your hands.  It's pretty cool that we have learned to hear each other.

So...we bought a house with "a table big enough for us to all sit..." 




In the meantime, there was more camping and travel and fun with the kids.





Turns out the house project was so much fun that you decided to do another one across the street.  Sure enough you found something ELSE to do with your hands!


I am so terribly thankful for these years together.  
For the wonderful people in our lives
For the miles we have been privileged to travel
For the beaches we've discovered
For the amazing houses you have built and rescued and restored




What a guy!  
Bob the builder
Bob the re-builder
Bob the legend


And I am incredibly grateful that as the seasons come and go...
At the end of the day and the end of our energy...
And it's time for rocking and relaxing...
I'm so stinkin' glad it's still you and me, babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment