What am I thankful for today?
There is much to be fearful or sad about.
Things have gone from bad to worse in our world.
The US and Israel have bombed Iran and now a dozen countries are involved.
There is much talk of Trump being anointed by Jesus to usher in Armageddon.
Takes me back to my years in church.
Oh, the awful feelings that flood my soul.
So what can I be thankful about this morning?
Every thing I think of feels minuscule or fragile.
On the other hand, I am so aware of the blessings I have.
I have to pause and ponder that I have much to share.
I am thankful that there are lots of people around me that I can love and listen to. And lots who need hugs.
Oh, and one more silly little thing...
I am also very thankful for shrimp alfredo.
I guess it's okay to pause and celebrate such an exquisitely delicious thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment