Tuesday, May 6, 2014

De-cluttering - still!

If you've been here long, you know that I/we have recently tackled this downsizing and de-cluttering thing. I read about it often, I think about it AND I try to do it. I have much to learn about doing it better. So I keep trying.

Reading through yet another piece on the topic this evening, I realized that I was feeling a little... I don't know... Maybe a little smug. I guess I was nodding my head and thinking "yep, yep; it sure is nice to live with less" - and I was probably thinking that this might not apply to me right now.

A year ago I was in the middle of a HUGE de-cluttering project. Way too big and taking way too long because I was dealing with a lifetime of piles and bins and boxes. But right now, I'm out here on the road on the other side of the country in our little casita with only the stuff that fits in this 29-foot fifth-wheel trailer! Yay! I don't have to declutter this year because this place is so small that I have to keep things in order all the time, every day, just to stay sane.

In the midst of reading and nodding my head and feeling grateful that I don't have to deal with clutter this month, I slowly remembered that little vertical shelf unit tucked in next to the refrigerator. It's a great little space to keep my tote bags handy and my caps for sitting out in the sun... and a few other things that I want to have ready for heading out the door... and this and that. Yah, that cabinet. The one where the pile is getting precariously high waiting to topple over when I open the door. That cabinet.

And then there is the little cabinet above the bed that I've been noticing needs some sorting and straightening. Oh, and the under-bed storage. I was going to sort through that stuff and re-pack - putting things that I don't need so often into the new bin I just bought that goes in the underneath cargo compartment. Yep, I need to do that before we hit the road again in a couple weeks.

Oh, dear; I guess I do have some de-cluttering to do. Too much to think about tackling after a busy day. Too overwhelming. Yah, that's what clutter does to you.

But hey, I could do just that one little cabinet...

And so I did! Yippee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment