Last week I experienced some emotional ups and downs regarding my progress on the sorting and downsizing. But I kept going. I kept taking steps. Mostly baby steps, but some bigger ones, too. I think.
This week I took more steps and kept plodding. This week I surprised myself by tackling some things that I hadn't expected to. This week a couple things happen to nudge me along. This week I actually finished some things.
And then I noticed something pretty cool.
We got some news about the property sale. News that made it sound like something may really happen. And maybe even soon. The kind of news that makes us excited, but also makes us feel cautious not to get our hopes up. Not just yet.
But here's the thing. Other times when we've received news like that - or when it seemed like things might happen fairly soon, excitement wasn't the only thing I've felt. Normally there was also a fair-sized measure of panic that hit me in the face. Pretty much every other time I have found myself feeling like we couldn't possibly be ready by then.
But this time it is different. This time I noticed that the panic didn't pop up. Then I remembered that several times this week I had noticed myself feeling hopeful - like maybe I had turned a corner. Like maybe this thing really is doable. What an awesome feeling.
Oh, yes, I am aware that there will certainly be moments of panic and freaking out if these deadlines do indeed come together. But I feel so much more hopeful than any of those other times. And that is a very big and wonderful difference.
So today, on this Thursday, I'm feeling thankful.
Today I am happy to celebrate Thankful Thursday.
No comments:
Post a Comment