Confession time.
I have a bad habit. Well, more than one. Yah, I wish it were only one. But this one is that I tend to not expedite things when I come home. I'm pretty good at hanging up my jacket and putting my purse away and unpacking groceries and getting them put away and disposing of the shopping bags. I'm especially proud of myself when I've remembered to take my cloth tote bags into the store so I'm pretty good about getting those totes nicely folded away and in their own carry bag and waiting by the front door to go out. Better yet I often go ahead and take them out to the truck - so at least they will be with me when I get to the store next time.
When we've been away for overnight I am not quite so diligent. I still put away most things, but I have to admit that my duffel bag often sits on the floor for a day or two. I try to remember to go ahead and unpack right away and get stuff put away - especially since reading an article about how important that is in a small space. And especially since living in a small space.
So last night when we got home instead of waiting until bed time, I went ahead and carried my bag up those steep stairs and went right ahead and unpacked it and put the stuff away. But... I didn't think or didn't bother to unpack the little bag of toiletries, jewelry, etc. I did take it into the bathroom, but didn't unpack it. This morning I realized my neglect and was going to do that right away so I could feel good about myself. And then I was going to get online to brag about it to the friends who care. But it was a busy day and I didn't get to it. Every time I thought of it I wanted to write about having done it - except that I hadn't done it yet. There it was - one simple task yet undone. So tonight after Jeopardy I got myself up off the couch and went in there and got 'er done. So now I can report it. And while I'm at it, I decided to turn it into a blog post - so I can check something else off my list.
Unfortunately I also discovered a few items that we brought home from our daughter's house and that are still sitting on the table because they need new homes in the kitchen. I wonder if I can find the energy to deal with them yet tonight.
And then there are the remnants of the resources I just gave away. That was a huge project and yep, three boxes went out the door... but there are remnants to deal with. There are always remnants. It seems like every major project has remnants. Leftovers. I'm not very good at dealing with them. I guess they will be tomorrow's project - unless I can get them done tonight.
Maybe I can do even one or two things tonight...
Kaye you sound busy to me. When I come home from travels I don't unpack straight away but it gets done as I walk past things. Im not one for clutter I cannot create art if my house is a mess. Once my chores are done I can create. I like a good de-clutter each season, we collect so much useless stuff.
ReplyDelete