2020 vision
A year ago I wrote about vision and focus and perspective… and the fact that I sometimes struggle to keep my focus on the “right” things. The important stuff. I was referring to the fact that other things around us are constantly vying for our attention and that I am easily distracted. I was hoping to focus on becoming more focused… or something… during 2020.
You could say that 2020 did not go as planned; right? We quickly found ourselves in a different world than we had ever imagined. To say that our focus changed is a huge understatement.
Suddenly, more than ever, so many things screamed for our attention and continue to demand our focus. Many of them are negative. Sad and scary and often downright frightening. Frustrating and heartbreaking. AND things that make us angry and that threaten to destroy our relationships and our communities.
It has become so hard to look away…
To pull our focus from the horrible… and toward the worthwhile.
To seek and find the good.
To believe the best.
To choose to be the good.
To contribute to that which builds and heals.
I admitted a year ago that I needed to get better at choosing my focus.
And now as I stand in this moment, I’m not sure it has EVER been so difficult.
Nor so important.
For all of us.
Life and health depend on it.
We must choose wisely.

No comments:
Post a Comment