I'm feeling very thankful to have so much time with a couple daughters this week. Such fun to hang out with them.
And today I am actually thankful for a "day off" from all the fun while the sisters and their dad are traveling deep into the national park for hiking. Actually the road goes only 93 miles road into the six-million-acre park and their bus route covers only 60-some miles of that road - so maybe I shouldn't say that they are deep in the park. Deciding not to go with them today was a no-brainer for me because I can't keep up with their long legs and I knew I probably wasn't up for some of the scary mountain roads. Besides I needed a day to catch up on lots of things - so I was more than happy to stay home.
And speaking of being at home...
I'm also thankful for the extended time here in Denali to get acquainted with Wendi's world. I can hardly believe that it is winding down in just a few more days. These five weeks have flown by so quickly! It some ways it seems like we've been here just a short time while in other ways it feels like a wonderfully long time. It turns out that I love it here and feel at home - as if I'd been here awhile.


No comments:
Post a Comment