Sunday, July 20, 2014

Time to leave; I wonder what I'm forgetting

Today is the day we pull out from Denali. Unbelievable. These five weeks have flown by so fast.

I wonder...

I wonder what else I need to do this morning.

I wonder if I can really be ready by 10 a.m. so that I can have time to hang out at the Black Bear before we have to pull out.

I wonder if I am remembering everything we need to stow away before hitching up.

I wonder what I'm forgetting to do here in the canyon.

I wonder how many tears I will shed today.

I wonder how many days it will take us to get to the Alaska Highway by going the south route and how many days to drive the length of the Alcan this time.

I wonder if I have enough Xanax for the mountain roads.

I wonder if we'll be able to get internet in tonight's camping spot. I wonder how long it will be before we can get internet along the highway.

I wonder when we will be able to wear short sleeves for most of the day.

I wonder when we will pull away from all the rain.

I wonder when I will be able to pack away my winter coat.

I wonder if we'll ever come back to Alaska. If so, I wonder where we would stay.

I wonder how many years the kids will keep working here.

I wonder if I will keep in touch with any of the people I have met here.

Of all the cool stories I've heard and want to write about, I wonder how many I will actually get written and posted. I know my pattern of good intentions and eventual lack of follow-through.

...

Yep, I wonder about lots of things this morning. This kind of wondering is pretty typical for me on a travel day - particularly the first day of travel after being camped for a few weeks. I guess that's the way I process my pre-travel anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment