Lazy morning.
It's raining again.
Snuggle a little deeper under the covers and listen to the rain on the roof.
...
Sounds
Besides the raindrops...
Raindrops and other morning sounds
...
The world outside is slowly waking up - as evidenced by sounds.
Lots of sounds.
As I listen, I realize that I recognize many of them...
The low rumble of the train in the mostly still quiet morning air and then the long whistle as it approaches the crossing and then comes into the station.
The big trucks hauling super long loads rolling through the canyon... when the stoplight is green. The deep growl of their engine braking when the light is red.
An airplane overhead. I guess the "Fly Denali" aerial tours have begun for the day.
Closer to our walls, I hear the first traffic within the park. Huge fancy rigs roaring to life to get an early start on the day's journey.
The garbage truck stops all along their route through this back alley followed by huge delivery trucks bringing supplies to the various restaurants and stores.
Suddenly the very loud Chinese-language conversations just under our window. Startling. Once that subsides, I hear another deep voice at the other end of our home. Must be one of the Bulgarian students who works at the ice cream store on his cell phone.
Now
there's the big white van flying by - rattling on the bumps - presumably off to shuttle another load of tourists to the attraction they've chosen for the day.
And in between the rattling and roaring and rumbling, the steady sounds of raindrops.
Lazy morning.
...
No comments:
Post a Comment