Friday, August 1, 2014

Begin (Five-Minute Friday)

It’s Five Minute Friday – the day hundreds of people write for just five minutes on the same prompt and then share their words with each other on Lisa-Jo Baker’s site. No editing, back-tracking, or revising. Just writing for the joy of writing. Won’t you join us?
Today’s prompt: begin.

...

Where shall I begin?

Beginning has not been in the foreground of my mind because I've been more in the finishing or wrapping-up or winding-down mode. But there is some saying about every ending means a new beginning - or something. Or maybe it is that new beginnings often require endings first. I don't know.

But even as we BEGIN to wind down our trip, I am BEGINNING to think about the next part of the journey - and wonder what all that will hold.

Certainly I would think there will be some sense of a new beginning. Certainly. A new adventure. We don't know what the new journey will look like nor where it will take us. We don't know whether we will sell the farm this fall or how long we will be there in the cabin.

There are definitely some things that I can begin when we arrive back in Michigan. I must begin. Like the next phase of sorting and pitching. I sometimes wonder if people get tired of hearing me talking about sorting and pitching. Sometimes I can imagine them thinking "Are you STILL doing that? Aren't you finished YET?!?"

Nope, not finished. Maybe we have only begun. Nevertheless, we shall begin again - and get rid of more stuff.
 

4 comments:

  1. I much prefer beginnings to endings, I must confess. But, like you said, beginnings must always come with another end. So if we love beginnings, we learn to love endings, too.

    I wish you wisdom in all the decisions you'll be making...and with your sorting and pitching. :) Thanks for sharing your Five Minute Friday post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am better at beginning; at least I'm not very good at finishing - like I wrote about last week. But then sometimes I feel like I'm not so good at either of them.
      I enjoyed your post as well. Very good thoughts about beginning and ending with each other.

      Delete
  2. I totally think decluttering is something you have to do all the time. Stuff just creeps in - it seems it does it when my back is turned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right. We must always be alert.

      Delete