Yesterday a friend shared the idea of the 40 bags in 40 days de-cluttering challenge.
At first I didn't think it applied to me because most of my stuff that I need to get rid of is stacked up in our storage unit in frozen Michigan. And here we are in the South living in our RV which is already pared down and pretty well de-cluttered - a model of simplicity, my hubby says.
But then I remembered that I had a few things set aside that I had decided to let go of so they needed new homes. And I had those four small bags of plastic shopping bags that I would really like to recycle.
Soooooooo.......... I loaded them up and went searching for a thrift store. (Yes, I had just asked my friend where to find one.) Okay; there we go. I delivered my five little bags to the thrift store. BTW, they seemed very happy to get those shopping bags.
...
Well, then I thought maybe I'll see if I can come up with more things to get rid of. I don't know that I would succeed at doing something every day. But hey, let's see how much I can do. I think I will tally things up and use the total number to measure my success. Of course, any number is better than none.
And what counts?
Not just bags, I decided, but other things as well.
A shelf or a drawer could count - or maybe just a pile. Or maybe even just ONE item - that needs some kind of action. Just one thing that I can get out of the way. Or as the original challenge suggests, maybe it will be just one "spot" that I tackle and conquer.
Maybe it will be my inbox. That crazy thing just keeps filling up and I try to keep it current - with varying degrees of success. So maybe once in awhile I will clean it all out - and count that for my day. For my list.
So here we go...
My forty day de-cluttering challenge.
Want to join me?
Can we get rid of 40 things in 40 days?
Tell me your plan in the comments below and maybe come back here to report when you do it.
...

No comments:
Post a Comment