Five-Minute Friday
I'm trying something new today: Five-Minute Friday. I've dabbled before, but today I'll try to link it and make it all official. Every Friday, Lisa-Jo Baker hosts this event and picks a word for the day. Participants are to set a timer and write. No editing. Just write.
Today's word: Remember
Ready?
Set timer.
Go!
...
Let's see; I had a whole bunch of ideas. Things I wanted to write about if only I could remember.
I do remember that I wanted to capture this or that feeling, something about this amazing person or that beautiful place, or maybe even that heart-warming encounter and ensuing conversation. Oh, there are so many things to remember - and to try to capture before they fade away like my tropical tan.
There are also some things that I don't need to DO anything with - other than just remember them. Cherish them. Close my eyes and remember the good warm feeling or the gratitude.
But wait! There are other things to remember. Things I'd rather not. Goofs I made. There was that one goof... No, that was a downright faux pas - or however you spell it. Yah, no; those aren't so much fun to remember. Those make me wish that I could learn from them - so that I never do something so stupid again!
Oh, if only I would remember that lesson.
Ahead of time even.
BEFORE I open my mouth.
Come on, brain; remember...
Welcome to FMF! There is so much to capture and hold onto in our memories, isn't there? Great post!
ReplyDelete