Sunday, March 31, 2013

Love resurrected on Easter

A story from the internet about love on Easter

...

It was an Easter Sunday a few years ago when the phone lit up with my mom and dad’s number. We hadn’t spoken in quite some time, me being an abomination and all. I didn’t pick up the phone, let it go to voice mail and then, as the kids were counting their chocolate eggs, peeps and speckled malted-milk eggs, I wandered off to the kitchen to listen to the message. I braced myself against the cold kitchen counter, prepared for another blast of heartbreak, but that’s not at all what I heard. “Kimberly, we miss you, we love you…” were some of the words I heard before the tears of disbelief and joy began to salt my coffee. I took a chance and called back and my mamma answered. ”Kimberly, the first bible verse I was taught to memorize in Sunday school was ‘judge not lest ye be judged’ we miss you, we love you…” and she invited my whole family, actually speaking the name of my wife for the first time, to come to their home, my home for dinner. Love resurrected on Easter!

...

Even when we don't agree, we can still love.
...we can still talk.
...we can still eat together.

No comments:

Post a Comment