Monday, October 1, 2012

31 Amazing Days - challenge

Do you have lots of amazing days? I think I do.
Would you like to have more amazing days? I wouldn't mind.

I just bumped into some interesting thoughts about amazing days – by Adam and Christine Jeske. Their story, their blog, and their book look fascinating as is their challenge to live 31 amazing days in October but I'll admit that my personal reaction was mixed. The challenge appealed to me, but I was almost immediately afraid that I don’t have it in me to tackle it. I’ve taken on some similar things in the past and have enjoyed them, but I am wary about making a new commitment. I already have some big changes and challenges facing me in October and I don’t seem to be bubbling over with excess energy or creativity.

But I didn’t explain the challenge yet, did I? Basically they challenged us to notice something amazing – or to instigate something amazing – every day. 

As I mentioned, I’m not sure I have the energy or the fortitude to take on something big, to rise to a challenge. Then again maybe I need this; maybe it would nourish me. I guess I could just give it a shot - just decide to at least look for something amazing every day – and maybe not worry so much about making something amazing happen. Maybe I don't need to add anything to my life, but just pay attention a bit more. I like to do that anyway. I want to live with a sense of wonder and amazement.

Come to think of it, some amazing things have already happened today. I cranked out a couple accomplishments that I am rather amazed about. And the soup craving that I turned into a reality is simmering on the burner and starting to smell pretty amazing.

Anybody else want to live some amazing days this month?
Why not?

3 comments: