Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Amazing Day Number 16: Moving Week

Some random and rambling thoughts
Unedited, possibly incoherent

...

We’re moving this week.

My thoughts and emotions are running every which way. Mostly I feel just rather calm and then I find myself wondering about that. I am such a novice at this moving thing. I don’t know how to go about it, what the steps are or what emotions to expect.

It is so different than five months ago – which was like my first big move and yet somewhat gradual and transitional. This time it might be even more gradual because there is no time crunch – unlike that other date-and-time deadline when we needed to have everything out of the big house.

I get really excited, so anxious to get on with it, but then there is so much we can’t do nor decide until we can get in there sometime late tonight. So then I calm myself back down and do other things.

But then I ask myself “Aren’t there things that I should be doing? Shouldn’t I be packing something?” But the move is just a few dozen steps across the yard so we I guess we might as well just leave the clothes right on the hangers and in the drawers to carry that far.

Certainly there are some things I could be doing and I am. But mostly I am just enjoying the anticipation as well as savoring every moment that we still have in this little tiny place.

I continue to be astounded that we have these wonderful options – albeit more than a little rustic. It has been so amazing to turn this tiny little bunkhouse into a home and to feel so comfy and cozy here. And what about that lovely romantic historical cabin that has been so admired and cherished by the community since we restored it over two decades ago? To think that we get to live in it now certainly is amazing as well!

And to think that I was ever hesitant to give up the comfort and convenience and security and familiarity of the big house! Yep, it was hard, but oh, so worth it!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment