Monday, January 13, 2014

Two weeks


Two weeks ago today we headed out.  We closed up our cabin and drove away.  We said our good-byes and left the snow and cold that is Michigan.

We made it here safely and we are breathing easier.  We have been enjoying much about being here.  We love having temps in the 70's and not having to bundle up.  We love being warmed by the sun. 

However, not all is perfect.  And why would I expect it to be? 


I still don't have as much energy as I wish for.  I am still bothered by knee and ankle injuries so I am unable to walk as much as I hoped to. 


I still seem to have lots of ideas running around in my head that I want to write about, but never quite make it happen. 

I still get restless and fidgety in the evenings.  I still have not fully adjusted to the Pacific Time Zone and have trouble staying awake until a reasonable hour for bedtime.  (Oh, wait; I had that problem on Eastern Time as well!)

So maybe this is the new normal. 
Or maybe we just need a TV so we have something to watch in the evening. 
Or maybe we can watch movies on Bob's computer...
Yah, something mindless and entertaining once in awhile.  Sounds about right.




2 comments:

  1. So wonderful you could escape the winter. I relate to the rambling thoughts and the feeling of falling short with writing (whether its failing in consistency or capturing the real essence of what I am trying to say...). It's such a process. I try to remind myself often.
    As I am on the road to becoming a mom (finished week 16 today and on to week 17), it's strange to think about the small being that will take up so much of my heart and my time soon. I wonder how that will affect my ideas and time to write... what will the new normal be?
    Thank you for sharing your struggles and thoughts - it makes me feel more normal and reminds me that we all have our struggles and joy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We each have our own normal, don't we? And it keeps changing - both in our writing world and in our real life. I'm learning that it works better if I give myself some freedom to figure out what each new normal looks like rather than being rigid in my demands of myself or of my surroundings.

      Delete