Yep.
Hoodies
Warm cozy slippers
Steaming mugs of coffee... or chai... or hot chocolate...
Comfort food
Soup simmering on the back burner.
Yah, soup.
I do love soup.
Decided to make some potato soup
I remember my mom's version with sliced potatoes, chopped onions and pools of melted butter, but I didn't remember how to make it.
So I looked at several other recipes and gave it a try. Mostly I used my recipe for white sauce figuring I could thin it down from there. So I cut up a bunch of potatoes and an onion and got them cooking. Should have used at least one more onion!
Meanwhile I got started on that white sauce.
Things got a little sticky there for awhile... and my hands and wrists were aching from painting the porch. But I persevered and eventually got everything smoothed out. Well, the white sauce anyway.
Sure enough the soup turned out. It was nice and thick - something the hubby appreciated. Because you see, he tends to think that soup is rather worthless - so runny and all. But he said he really liked this soup - once he added additional ham!
Hmmm...
It was pretty tasty.
It was better than several I've tried in restaurants and maybe even on a par with the best of them - and I have tried a lot of them around the country.
I would however make a few changes - mostly additions.
I'd use lots more onion.
And ham.
And corn.
And maybe a dash more pepper.
...
I do consider it a success. It has already stood the leftover test - which is a really good thing since I ended up making such a huge pot of it!
...
Oh, and the pretty bowls were a gift from an amazing friend!
No comments:
Post a Comment