I had been working and writing while enjoying the pleasant ambiance.
A newcomer landed at the table next to me. We exchanged glances and niceties and each went back to work but later chatted again from time to time. Turned out we had at least one thing in common - our interest in writing. That's always fun to meet another writer - or a wannabe writer.
...
And then...
I was cleaning out my e-mail inbox and a new message popped up from Meetups - about a writers' group starting up nearby. The description sounded like it would be right down my alley - a place where I could belong. That's no small thing because there are all kinds of writing groups - with different purposes and different formats and different genres - most of them focusing on fiction writing which is not me. I've tried out a couple groups with varying degrees of satisfaction. So it was a little amazing to learn of one that seemed like such a good fit. AND the first meeting is happening next week within a mile of my house! Now that is really amazing - because most of the groups I've been finding are in another city - near or far. But this one is RIGHT here! I've been searching for a writing group with those two criteria: close to home and with a format that feels right for me.
Also I was able to forward the information on to my new friend who had just left the cafe minutes earlier - and she joined the group as well.
...
And then... in walked my friend and neighbor that I hadn't seen for awhile. So wonderful to reconnect and catch up a bit.
Sometimes I remember our days on the road and how lonely it could get. Maybe lonely isn't the right word. Maybe unconnected says it better. 'Twas a good experience in so many ways, but I really missed a sense of community. Therefore on days like this one, I am extremely grateful for the connections in my life. Every now and then I hear myself exclaim: I love my life!!! This might have been one of those times - and amazing connections are certainly one of the big reasons.
...
Yep, yep. Just another amazing day at the cafe.
I LOVE this place!
No comments:
Post a Comment