Sunday, October 29, 2017

Amazing Day #29: the world in my kitchen

Plans change.
A trip to an apple orchard was scheduled.
Weather forecast called for rain.
Alternate plan: homemade pizza.
Hubby offers to teach students how to make pizza.
Three students say they can come and later cancel.
Will there be enough people to make it worthwhile?

Word spreads. 
More people sign up.
Will the house be too crowded?
Who knows what will happen?


Pizza time comes and so do the students - one, two or five at a time. They barely fit in our kitchen - from at least five countries.

They watch and listen. The brave ones make their own pizza.



We eat pizza.
And salad.
And chocolate zucchini cake.



The pizza mess is cleared off the kitchen table to accommodate a world map jigsaw puzzle - and discussion about Hinduism, Judaism and Christianity.


Chess players draw the heirloom rocking chairs close as they concentrate on the chess board perched on my old piano stool between them. 

Meanwhile peals of laughter come from the studio where others play Uno.  I shake my head in amazement and delight to hear the lively discussions flowing between English and Mandarin.



I find myself marveling about this amazing privilege.
I am SO grateful that we can live in this house and can host the world in our kitchen.



4 comments:

  1. Kaye, this is so cool!! How fun!! Truly, that was an amazing day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read your blog
    And I love your house and you! I had a great time that night!
    Hope one day I can learn some egg dishes in that kitchen ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, too. Thanks for taking time to comment; it encourages me.

      Delete