Thursday, October 26, 2017

Amazing Day #26: Did he really say that?!?

Most of my "amazing day" posts have been about positive things.  
Maybe noble or inspiring or wonderful.
But I guess amazing doesn't always have to be great and wonderful.
It might just make you wonder.

Today's choice is one of those.
Something that just kinda' made me shake my head.
I had to wonder if I had heard correctly.
And I had to chuckle.

Disclaimer - two disclaimers actually:
(Well, I don't know that they are REALLY disclaimers - but I'm not feeling writerly enough today to figure out what to call them.  At any rate, here are two tidbits of background information.)

First, I always wanted to say "overheard on an airplane" as if I am some world traveler who flies to exotic places all the time.

Secondly, I absolutely LOVE Facebook memories.  You know, those "on this day" posts where Facebook shows you your activity on this date through the years.  So, so fun.  Kind of amazing actually. So...  this morning, the following gem popped up in my Facebook memories - from two years ago.  Early that morning I had been on an airplane and had heard this line.


Overheard on an airplane:
Older gentleman excitedly explaining
about how he was able
to help deliver a baby in the Philippines.
"Cut the unbiblical cord
with my pocket knife "

Wait; what...? 
He seemed to think it was pretty amazing.


1 comment: